Sunday, October 4, 2009

Addiction Confession

We are addicted to fruit. There, I said it. I was cleaning the kitchen on Saturday and I glanced up at our counter and noticed that we seem to have an over-abundance of fruit. On Saturday, we bought cuties, bananas, and grapes. However, all of the other fruits were free! The melons, apples, and peaches were compliments of the Bournes and the tomatoes were from the ward garden. Delicious. Here are the culprits:

Crenshaw Melon
Cuties. The name is all I need to convince me.
Peaches. Yum, especially for dessert crepes with the Saltzmans.
Bananas.
Grapes, my favorite!
Asian Pears.
Green Apples. I'll have to make a pie or some kind of muffins or something!
Tomatoes. Made tomato sauce with these babies, it was delicious.
Honeydews, I love this melon more than a lot of things. SO GOOD.
All I can say is we love fruit. I promise we normally don't have so much, but a series of fortuitous events led to a fruit overload at the Bennett house.

2 comments:

Jacie Saltzman said...

haha you mean BREAKFAST crepes with the saltzmans. mmmm :)

Goodwin Family said...

What's up with the IV bag in the peach picture? And did you see the apple bread recipe on the Utah Deal Diva site? I want to try it! How do you get so much FREE fruit?