The Story:
I rode Chad's bike to school on Tuesday at 7:40 a.m. because it was supposed to snow that day. Chad's tires handle the snow much better than mine do. I locked up the bike, went to class at 8:00 a.m., had an entire day of school, and then returned to the bicycle rack at 6:00 p.m. to grab the bike to ride home. The bike was gone. I thought for a second, thinking that I might have put it on a different rack. I didn't want to accept that our bike had been stolen off BYU campus in the middle of the day. Who does that? But it was undeniably gone.
I don't understand why someone else felt entitled to take something that does not belong to them. Something that we value very much and use on a daily basis to get to school. Chad rode that bike all last year (in the snow even), and it's been through a lot with us. We love that bike and would very much like it back. When we reported the bike theft to campus police, he told us to be checking Craig's list and KSL to see if someone is trying to sell it, or look around campus for it.
So, if anyone is ever walking around Provo or around BYU campus and happens to see a silver bike with red shocks (nobody else has a bike like this... it's a one-of-a-kind), please let us know. We would appreciate it!
No comments:
Post a Comment