1. Crazy assignments, with little or no instruction.
2. Med/Surg Lectures that seemed to have little point because of the disorganized and chaotic style of lecturing.
3. Preassessment the day BEFORE clinical which means driving up to Murray twice in one week.
4. After driving up to do said preassessment, coming home to do the 4-6 hour assignment to take to clinical the next day.
5. Being at clinical and feeling like I know nothing. I hate the feeling of incompetency.
6. Trying to memorize countless medication so that when you're at clinical and your nurse/patient asks you what a medication is for, you don't have to stand there stupidly and say, "I don't know".
7. This stack of books.
7. two 3-hour lectures, back to back on Tuesdays.
8.10-12 page Process Papers. Shouldn't nursing be more about DOING than WRITING IT ALL DOWN?
9. Getting covered in all manner of bodily fluids: sputum, urine, CT drainage, you name it...
10. Studying as hard as I can for a test, and not really doing all that great, a new concept in my life.
9. Getting covered in all manner of bodily fluids: sputum, urine, CT drainage, you name it...
10. Studying as hard as I can for a test, and not really doing all that great, a new concept in my life.
But then I thought about it, and nursing school has so many good things that I love...
3. Playing with dolls (rather large ones).
5. Practicing our sweet nursing skills in the NLC on each other!6. Helping people every time I'm at clinical, even if it does only mean sitting and talking with a patient for a while.
7. Finally having almost exclusively classes that I enjoy being in, as opposed to dumb GEs like "Physical Suck" (physical science) and English.
7. Finally having almost exclusively classes that I enjoy being in, as opposed to dumb GEs like "Physical Suck" (physical science) and English.
8. Getting sweet t-shirts.
10. Pushing myself farther than I ever thought I could and still standing strong... getting closer and closer to being a real nurse.

2 comments:
Oh Alyse! You are so awesome to keep going. And, doesn't it feel good to help people? I know you are helping people! I wish you luck! You can do it! :)
AMEN!
Post a Comment