Sunday, October 4, 2009

Conference Weekend!

Conference weekend has come and gone once again, oh how I miss it already. There is just something magical about being able to just sit down and listen to so many inspiring words from the leaders of the church and NOT have to do any school/homework. I love it! Our conference weekend this year was marked by two main events.

Event #1: Chad got surgery on his wrist on Friday morning and I got to be his nurse all weekend! He hurt his wrist about a month before we got married and has been having problems ever since. They decided to go in (they thought he had snapped a ligament) and get things fixed up. It turned out that he just had a ton of inflamed tissue that they had to go in and remove, so he should be better now! He's in a soft cast for about a week and then he'll go see the doctor next monday to find out what they need to do next.
This is him ignoring me after I had just made him a sandwhich!
I told him to put a little more effort into it, and this is what I got... a measly "thumbs up". Oh well, I'll just blame it on the ane sthesia and narcotics.
Event #2: On Saturday night, we met up with Uncle Bart and Aunt Melody for ice cream at the Creamery on 9th! It was pretty much a party. It's fun to have family in town and have the opportunity to just say hello. We'll see you again at Christmas time!
Event #3: Made homemade honey wheat bread. We even ground the wheat ourselves (with the help of our handy kitchenaid). It was delicious!

3 comments:

Jacie Saltzman said...

alyse your hair looks way short in that last picture!! also, you forgot that the weekend also consisted of a sweet-a bbq at my house followed by sunday morning delights over here too!

Goodwin Family said...

Poor Chad. I love that he has the remotes so close to him. What recipe did you use for the whole honey wheat bread? I tried one in the kitchen aid cook book a little while ago. Did you get the 1 hour bread recipe from my mom??

Shelby said...

Hey there! I just love reading your blog! You inspire me to be more domestic. You&your mom have always been so good at that :) It has been way too long since I've seen you. We need to catch up sometime! Follow us at shelbandry.blogspot.com! It looks like all is well for you guys.. I hope it stays that way :) love you tons!