Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Good Weekend

Although this is a little late to blog about last weekend, but it was such a good weekend, I can't help but want to remember HOW good it was.
Event#1: Friday night, we had a double date with two of my very best friends (Joel Simmons...from Cali, and Melissa Alder one of my favorite friends from nursing school.) We made a delicious dinner of Mexican food at our house, hit up the BYU hockey game, and then came home for dessert. I should have taken pictures because the oatmeal fudge bars I made were so yummy. The recipe is definately a keeper and I'll probably make them again soon... at which point I will provide pictures.

Event #2: On Saturday, we got to really use our tools for the first time. They've been so sad and lonesome sitting in our closet since our wedding, pulled out occasionally to unscrew the remote to replace batteries or borrow the hammer to hammer in the parking sign. However, we really got to use it while constructing our Ikea hanging hooks.

The man with tools... and a broken hand.

Using the power tools, and his hand (which he was supposed to be resting... apparently that whole concept is overrated).

The finished hooks. I'm so proud.

Event#3: on Sunday night we tried 2 new recipes that were awesome. Sesame noodles and orange chicken (from scratch). We both loved the orange chicken and although I thought the noodles were good, I thought they were a little on the spicy side. Chad loved them. Delicious meal to end an awesome weekend.

1 comment:

Danny and Kaitlin said...

we have that same exact hook! from Ikea?? Love it!