
Here are our pictures from hiking Timp... it was absolutely beautiful. I would seriously rate it in at least the top 5 of most beautiful places I've ever seen. If you've been thinking that you need to get around to hiking Timp sometime while you live in Utah, I would recommend that you jump right on it and climb it this summer. It's totally worth the effort...13 miles round trip (when hiking from Aspen Grove)! As I was posting pictures, I realized that I have a problem with taking WAY TOO MANY pictures. I just can't stop, especially when the scenery is so beautiful!
We started hiking at 5:45 a.m. so we got to watch the sunrise on the trail!

The trail got a bit rocky at parts,

a little bit slick at the river crossings,

(I told him to smile while he was eating a granola bar and this is the face that I got... blue steel!)


At about the halfway point next to Emerald Lake, there is a small structure/shack for any stranded hikers. It's been there for quite some time.


I was even more shocked when I realized we had to hike THROUGH it!


The saddle.


After 4 1/2 hours of hiking, we finally reached the summit!


... and had to eat.
4 comments:
Alyse, these pictures are amazing! Did you take your big professional camera? I think I need to hike timp someday!
dude lets have a party in that half-way shack. start a fire in that oven and all sorts of fun
first picture, the sky=cotton candy.
snowball picture=cool
brandleys+bennetts hiking timp=best day of your life.
i'm really jealous! i was supposed to hike timp a few weeks ago and it didn't happen. now i HAVE to do it!!
Post a Comment