We then separated the cake batter into 6 bowls and dyed each bowl of batter a different color. In order to make the rainbow stripes, you just progressively pour each color batter into the round cake pan, one color on top of the other. In between color layers, you can tap the pan on the counter in order to help the batter spread out. [steps pictured below]
In the blog I was reading for instructions, they recommended that you wrap a wet towel around the cake pan while it's cooking in order to help the cake cook flat on top, instead of rounded. I thought this idea sounded a little dangerous and I omitted the 'wet towel in the oven' step. I wish I would have listened though, because my two layers came out very rounded and were kind of hard to stack on top of each other. I'll listen better next time.
1 box cake mix
1 pudding mix (coordinated with the type of cake mix)
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. water
3 eggs
Pour batter into a greased cake pan and follow cooking instructions on the back of the box. Easy.
1 comment:
this cake recipe changed. my. life.
Post a Comment