
Meet Mayzie. Last Saturday we adopted this beautiful, little, green-eyed kitty. She's ours to keep! She's a gray tabby and is a little more than a year old. She's a petite little thing, but very spunky and a sucker for a good cuddle.
This is me, holding said kitty. My lack of makeup whatsoever is slightly frightening. I need some more color.


My family was in town this past weekend, which also meant that my family's German Shepherd Tasha was in town as well. I love Tasha, but it's been a bit of a zoo trying to coordinate the whole dog and cat thing at our house. Basically, Tasha is fascinated with the kitty, but the kitty wants absolutely nothing to do with Tasha. Go figure. At first, she climbed up everyone with those sharp claws in a desperate attempt to get away. I think she was a little traumatized by the German Shepherd. The previous owners said she did well around dogs, but when we went to pick her up we figured out that they also had one of those rat dogs that was almost the same size as Mayzie. Totally not the same thing.


There's been a lot of this face-to-face glaring going on...

She's just so dang cute.

Everyone took turns holding her and giving her lots of attention.

My sister McKenna and her friend Calin have been at EFY this week, so they stayed at our house for the weekend and got to hang out with us. We had some pancakes (made from scratch) for dinner that were delicious.

Plus Jacie & Shane joined us for the evening, which is always fun! P.S. I don't know why Chad looks so angry in this picture, I promise he's a very happy guy.

Later that night, Kenna, Calin, Chad, and I geared up to give Mayzie a bath in the kitchen sink. This was Chad's condition upon adopting a kitty: I had to 1) bathe her within 24-48 hours of bringing her home and 2) bathe her every 1-2 weeks every week hereafter. It was quite the adventure.

But she did look really cute all wrapped up in a towel. It's now been a couple of days, and Mayzie fits right in.

Unfortunately, we've had to lock her in our room during the day while Tasha is around (we're still dog sitting), but she does love to lay on our bed. This also means that she likes to jump on the bed in the middle of the night, much to Chad's dismay. Hopefully once Tasha goes home and Mayzie is allowed to roam the house, she will refrain from the "middle of the night jump on the bed" activities.

4 comments:
I'm so glad you finally got a cat!
i love ze kitty!!
also, the jumping on the bed in the middle of the night will not stop. just my prediction...
She's so cute! Love the kitty :) I might have to bring Mike over to get his kitty fix. He loves cats and wants one so badly!
such a cute kitty..Mayzie is an adorable name. Love it.
Post a Comment