Monday, April 6, 2009

General Conference Weekend

For General Conference Weekend, we kicked back and just had a fun couple of days. I think in my mind I just pretended that school didn't exist and let my mind take a break from everything. It was great.
Friday night, the boys wanted to try something different and check out the restaraunt called Marley's Gourmet Sliders at the Timanogos Harley Davidson store. You know, the one right off the freeway in north Orem? That's the one. It was actually pretty good. It's a burger place where instead of just getting one big burger, you get a couple of small ones in various flavors.
They did have some funky french fries that were really skinny. Good, but weird.
Jacie was a little excited about her sliders... all 3 of them. (I had 1, Chad had 2, and both Jacie and Shane had 3).
After dinner at Marley's, we headed to Macey's for some of the world's best soft serve! Seriously though, I love that stuff, it's amazing. If you've never partaken in the deliciousness of said soft serve, I reccommend you head over to Macey's immediately. Not only is it tasty and delicious, but it is cheap: the small cone (shown in picture) only costs $.51 with tax and is more than enough to be filling. If you're feeling crazy, you can even spring for the Kong Cone which is so big they put it upside down in a huge cup.
Shane had a little too much fun in the grocery store making artistic designs in his soft serve.

After a wonderful Friday night with our friends, Saturday was a good day too filled with not too much homework but a good clean of the house in between sessions of Conference. I love General Conference weekends and having an excuse to just sit back, relax, and listen to the words of the general authorities. Plus, it was a rainy Saturday so I cuddled up in a blanket with some Hot Chocolate. It was great! (minus the fact that Chad had to work that day, so I had to watch it alone)

On Sunday, Chad and I had the opportunity to attend the morning session of General Conference with Ransom and Brooke (Chad's friend from work and his wife) thanks to the tickets from Mr. Mac. Woo hoo, go Mr. Mac! We were there far too early, but had a fun time anyway just hanging out. Plus we got excellent seats on the plaza level which was sweet. The talks were awesome (as usual) and I felt very uplifted & rejuvenated for the week. My favorite part was when President Monson was leaving the stand after the session and he stopped, turned around, and then waved to the entire congregation. Sure enough, everyone in the audience just waved back. I love President Monson.

For dinner on Sunday night, I decided that I wanted to make some yummy asian food, and it turned out great!

These were the yummy, baked Vegetable Egg Rolls

Chad loved this one- Asian Pork Tenderloin (marinated overnight and utterly delicious... check out For the Love of Cooking blog for recipe)

The finished dinner. It was delicious. Dinner was awesome, but the best part was having our friends over to eat it with us (Tati, Aubrey, and Josh Rios). Silly me, I got so excited about the fun, new dinner we cooked, I forgot to take a picture of the people! Anyways, it was a great ending to a great weekend.


2 comments:

Goodwin Family said...

You're such a good cook, Alyse! That dinner looks yummy!

Bryce & Nicole said...

You two are so cute! I hope we can get together more often this summer! Love you!