
Jacie Christine Bowen is officially ENGAGED! All of the rumors are completely 100% true, she's got the ring and the beautiful miss Bowen is engaged to Shane Saltzman. A girl's best friend doesn't get engaged everyday, especially not to one of her husband's best friends; but since she is, I feel it is the perfect time to reminisce over our friendship and tell you a little bit about Shane and Jacie.
Jacie and Shane, at their finest:


Meet Shane. Shane Saltzman is a Utah boy, through and through. To be more precise: born and raised in Ephraim, UT. Seeing as he is from Ephraim, it won't suprise you to know that he owns a beat-up red pickup truck that with illegally outdated registration, most of his friends grew up on farms, he has a slight Utah twange in his voice, and he knows all about turkey farming. The rest of us like to tease him about his heritage quite often. Uncharacteristic of Ephraim, Shane is a sharp dresser (a requirement of employment at Mr. Mac) and an adventurer.

They're such a fun couple and we do pretty much everything with them. It works out nicely that my best friend is going to be marrying my husband's really good friend. If you look back through our blog, most of the pictures of fun/exciting things in the Bennett family also have Shane and Jacie in them. What can I say, we love 'em!

In honor of this big event in Jacie's life, I will give you a quick run through of what Jacie Bowen is all about and how we got to be such great friends. Once upon a time, I decided to room with a "random" for my freshman year at BYU. The fates must have been perfectly aligned, because I was assigned to room with Jacie Christine Bowen, 2119 Taylor Hall. I'd heard quite a few "freshman roommate horror stories" and was a little bit nervous to meet her, but Right off the bat, I knew things were going to be alright.
This was our first day of school as Freshman at BYU. What is a first day of school without a put-your-new-backpack-on-and-look-like-you-really-want-to-go-to-school-again picture?

These are all the reasons I love her so much:
She's not offended to sit in the back of the bus (or the Lieutenant)

She gets along with both my family...

...and my friends. (She jumped right in and is now just as good of friends with all of my friends)

She is outrageous and helped encourage me to step outside my conservative bubble and be a little crazy every once in a while.

She loves rocks.

Even though she thought I was totally crazy when I told her via email before meeting her that I already knew who I was going to marry (a cute Elder who served in my home ward), she never hesitated to jump in the car with me one Saturday morning in September and drive up to BYU-Idaho for the weekend. I would have never gone on my own... who knows where I would be right now if she wasn't so spontaneous!

While on said Idaho trip, she even willingly froze her butt off at a bonfire so that I could be with Chad. What a giver.

She doesn't freak out too much when you tell her you're taking her somewhere fun and then she wakes up and finds out that instead you've taken her to a small Halloween village where people think Halloween is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

She loves the library... so much so, she often jumps for joy. Sometimes, when its really late at night (around 11:45ish) and you're in the library with her, she'll get so excited about the library and the music that plays down every hall, that she goes a little frantic and crazed. Experiences of running down hallways and being pushed out of the way to "sacrifice yourselves, save me!" are not uncommon.

She always seems to know what's on my mind.

She loves the holidays, especially at Wal-Mart.

She is "God's Gift to Mankind", what more can I say?

She loves to cuddle up and watch a scary movie with her girl friends.

She has sweet dance moves.

She doesn't care if you wear matching dresses to church or have matching hairstyles... because if one Jacie is good, two Jacies are better!

She is not capable of embarassment, even when she rips her pants approximately 4 inches in the crotch area and has to walk all the way back to the dorms from the creamery.

She brings all the boys to the yard.

She is undeterred by adversity, even when her chair has been hidden on another floor and her only option for completing her homework (on her desktop) is this:

She's fierce.

I'll reiterate the point that she is not capable of embarassment, even when wearing ridiculous outfits in public places. In the grocery store...

...or at In-n-Out. (we weren't skiing, we were actually in Laguna Niguel, CA on a moderately warm evening)

She loves food, and when I say loves, I mean LOVES. If food were a person, Shane would be out of luck.

She is not afraid to try on Maternity dresses if they look really cute and she thinks she might be able to pull it off as just a normal dress. After said dress is on and she realizes it's not going to happen, she likes to pretend there is a reason for the dress.

She loves to workout. All day, everday.

She has an amazing sense of fashion.

She's one of my best friends and I love her to death! I'm so excited that she has found the boy she wants to marry, and I can't wait for all the fun we'll get to have as married couples!

No comments:
Post a Comment